Affordable Options for Photography Enthusiasts
Hello, dear readers! Are you interested in photography and looking for a budget-friendly DSLR camera in the UK? Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will explore seven amazing DSLR cameras that won’t break the bank. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned photographer on a tight budget, these options are worth considering. So let’s dive in and discover the best budget DSLR cameras of 2017 in the UK!
Introduction: A Glimpse into the World of Budget DSLR Cameras
In recent years, DSLR cameras have become increasingly popular among photography enthusiasts. The ability to capture stunning images with interchangeable lenses and advanced features has made them a favorite among beginners and professionals alike. However, many potential buyers are deterred by the high price tags associated with these cameras. This article aims to address that issue by showcasing seven budget-friendly options available in the UK in 2017.
1. Nikon D3400 📸
The Nikon D3400 is an excellent entry-level DSLR camera for photography enthusiasts on a budget. With its 24.2-megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor, this camera delivers impressive image quality. It also boasts a compact and lightweight design, making it a great companion for travel photography.
2. Canon EOS 1300D 📸
The Canon EOS 1300D is another great option for those looking for an affordable DSLR camera. With its 18-megapixel APS-C sensor, this camera produces sharp and detailed images. It also features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, allowing for easy sharing and remote control using a smartphone or tablet.
3. Sony Alpha A68 📸
The Sony Alpha A68 is a budget-friendly DSLR camera that offers impressive performance. Equipped with a 24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor and Sony’s renowned Translucent Mirror Technology, this camera delivers fast and accurate autofocus. It also features a tiltable LCD screen, allowing for flexible shooting angles.
4. Pentax K-70 📸
The Pentax K-70 is a weather-sealed DSLR camera that is perfect for outdoor photography. It features a 24.2-megapixel sensor and delivers exceptional image quality, even in challenging lighting conditions. With its built-in shake reduction and pixel shift resolution, this camera ensures sharp and detailed images every time.
5. Fujifilm X-T20 📸
The Fujifilm X-T20 is a mirrorless camera that offers DSLR-like performance at an affordable price. With its 24.3-megapixel APS-C sensor and X-Processor Pro image processor, this camera delivers stunning image quality. It also features advanced autofocus capabilities and 4K video recording.
6. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II 📸
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a compact and lightweight mirrorless camera that is perfect for travel photography. It features a 16.1-megapixel micro four-thirds sensor and in-body image stabilization, ensuring sharp and steady images. With its retro design and intuitive controls, this camera is a joy to use.
7. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 📸
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is a versatile mirrorless camera that offers excellent value for money. With its 16-megapixel micro four-thirds sensor and Venus Engine image processor, this camera delivers stunning image quality. It also features 4K video recording and a high-resolution electronic viewfinder.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Budget DSLR Cameras
1. Affordability: Budget DSLR cameras are significantly cheaper than their high-end counterparts, making them accessible to a wider audience.
2. Learning Tool: These cameras are perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of photography without investing a fortune.
3. Versatility: Budget DSLR cameras offer a wide range of shooting modes and manual controls, allowing for creative freedom and experimentation.
4. Interchangeable Lenses: One of the biggest advantages of DSLR cameras is the ability to swap lenses, enabling photographers to capture different types of shots.
5. Image Quality: Despite their affordable price, budget DSLR cameras often deliver impressive image quality thanks to advanced sensors and processors.
6. Longevity: DSLR cameras are built to last, ensuring that your investment will serve you well for years to come.
7. Resale Value: Even if you decide to upgrade to a more advanced camera in the future, budget DSLR cameras tend to retain their resale value.
1. Size and Weight: DSLR cameras are generally bulkier and heavier than compact cameras or smartphones, making them less portable.
2. Learning Curve: While DSLR cameras offer advanced features, they can be intimidating for beginners who are unfamiliar with photography terminology and settings.
3. Additional Expenses: Investing in DSLR cameras often involves purchasing additional lenses, accessories, and equipment, which can add to the overall cost.
4. Limited Video Features: Budget DSLR cameras may not offer the same video capabilities as higher-end models, limiting their use for videography purposes.
5. Noise Levels: DSLR cameras tend to produce more audible noise during operation compared to mirrorless or point-and-shoot cameras.
6. Continuous Shooting Speed: Some budget DSLR cameras have a slower burst mode, making it challenging to capture fast-moving subjects.
7. Limited Low-Light Performance: While budget DSLR cameras have improved in low-light conditions, they may not perform as well as high-end models in challenging lighting situations.
|Canon EOS 1300D
|Scene Intelligent Auto
|Sony Alpha A68
|Tiltable LCD Screen
|4K Video Recording
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II
|In-Body Image Stabilization
|Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
|4K Video Recording
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Are budget DSLR cameras suitable for professional photography?
Budget DSLR cameras can produce high-quality images, but they may not offer the same advanced features and durability as professional-grade cameras. They are more suited for hobbyists or beginners.
2. What are the essential features to consider when buying a budget DSLR camera?
Some key features to consider include resolution, connectivity options, autofocus capabilities, and available shooting modes. It is also important to research the compatibility of accessories and lenses.
3. Can budget DSLR cameras record videos in Full HD?
Yes, most budget DSLR cameras are capable of recording videos in Full HD resolution. However, the video quality and additional features may vary between models.
4. Do budget DSLR cameras have a warranty?
Yes, most budget DSLR cameras come with a manufacturer’s warranty. It is advisable to check the terms and conditions to understand the coverage and duration of the warranty.
5. How long can a budget DSLR camera last?
With proper care and maintenance, a budget DSLR camera can last for several years. However, technological advancements may render certain features outdated over time.
6. Can I use my smartphone as a remote control for budget DSLR cameras?
Some budget DSLR cameras offer Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to control the camera remotely using a smartphone or tablet.
7. Are budget DSLR cameras compatible with professional lenses?
While budget DSLR cameras are compatible with various lenses, certain professional lenses may have specific compatibility requirements. It is recommended to check the lens compatibility before making a purchase.
8. Are budget DSLR cameras suitable for wildlife photography?
While budget DSLR cameras can capture wildlife images, professional-grade cameras often offer faster autofocus and higher burst rates, which can be advantageous in capturing fast-moving subjects.
9. Can budget DSLR cameras capture images in RAW format?
Yes, most budget DSLR cameras have the capability to capture images in RAW format, allowing for greater flexibility in post-processing.
10. What are the main differences between DSLR and mirrorless cameras?
DSLR cameras use an optical viewfinder and have a mirror mechanism, while mirrorless cameras rely on electronic viewfinders or LCD screens. DSLRs tend to be bulkier, whereas mirrorless cameras are more compact.
11. Can I use budget DSLR cameras for astrophotography?
While budget DSLR cameras can capture decent astrophotography images, dedicated astrophotography cameras often offer better low-light performance and specialized features.
12. Do budget DSLR cameras require a steep learning curve?
Using a DSLR camera involves learning the basics of photography and understanding various settings. However, most cameras offer user-friendly modes for beginners to get started.
13. Are budget DSLR cameras suitable for low-light photography?
While budget DSLR cameras have improved in low-light performance, professional-grade cameras often offer better noise reduction and higher ISO capabilities, resulting in superior image quality in challenging lighting conditions.
In Conclusion: Capture Memorable Moments on a Budget
Now that we have explored the seven best budget DSLR cameras available in the UK in 2017, it’s time for you to make a choice. Consider your needs, preferences, and budget to select the camera that suits you best. Remember, photography is a wonderful hobby and a powerful medium for self-expression.
So, don’t let budget constraints hold you back from pursuing your passion. These budget-friendly options offer great value for money and allow you to capture beautiful moments without breaking the bank. Take action now and embark on your photography journey with one of these amazing DSLR cameras!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only. Prices and specifications may vary. Please check with authorized retailers for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Thank you for reading. Happy clicking!